CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

What is True Love?

Since we were just talking about Fireproof and "The Love Dare"- I thought I'd share this snipet from a tribute written for Chicken Soup about my cousin who passed away after 5 long years with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). Her name was Judy Fisher.

"Judy had written her own addendum in a shaking penmanship as her hands were beginning to fail her.


'I saw Jesus today. He took me to the
doctor and spoke on my behalf. He
cares for me every day with a smile
and inspiring words. He looks like my
husband but I know he is Jesus.'"



This is true love- not infatuation- not "falling" in love, the kind that so many also fall OUT of, not a selfish love that says "What have you done for me lately?"- but unconditional, selfless love, the kind of love that Jesus gave. Judy's husband John showed her that love as her body slowly failed her. This is the kind of love we need to pray and ask the Lord to fill us with for our spouses, children, and others around us. Thanks to Margaret Prator who penned the tribute for Chicken Soup. Blessings to you all, my friends, as we seek to love- selflessly.


"This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." 1 John 4:10

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Welcome Anastacio!
I have a daughter name Anastasia :)
You probably know- but it means Resurrection- and because of our faith in Jesus, we named her that.
Blessings to you... thanks for reading!
katherine