I don't know if you are outraged about the ObamaCare stuff as I am- but I feel as Americans we have got to make a LOT of noise if we're going to stop this legislation from being shoved through. Should it be put through- we definitely do NOT want it to make the jump of federal funding abortions. I just called my Representatives office and I encourage you to do the same. I said, "I do not want to see him vote on this bill at all. And I CERTAINLY don't want him to vote on it without an amendment (Stupak/Pitts) the disallows the coverage of abortion." I urge you to do the same (and get your friends and family to as well. Here's a little more info (thanks to Kristina for sending me the email from AUL).
CALL your U.S. representative NOW
TO STOP ABORTION IN HEALTH CARE REFORM
Unfortunately, she’s right. The new health care bill explicitly allows federal funding of abortion and permits federal subsidies to go to private insurance plans that cover abortion. The bill also ensures that at least one health insurance plan in every area of the country covers abortion.
These provisions create a dramatic change in federal law -- currently NO federal dollars are used to pay for elective abortions or insurance plans that cover abortion.
In order to stop the bill, we need your help. We can do better than Planned Parenthood’s 18,000 calls, can’t we?
Help us stop Nancy Pelosi and the House leadership and their massive expansion of abortion in health care reform.
Call your U.S. representative right now and:
1. Insist that House leadership allow a vote on the Stupak/Pitts Amendment to prohibit abortion funding and no other watered-down substitution;
2. Vote “against the rule” (a procedural vote that determines whether a bill can receive a vote) if House leadership refuses to allow the Stupak/Pitts amendment to come up for a vote, and
3. Vote against the FINAL BILL in health care reform if it does not have the Stupak/Pitts amendment.
How do I call my Representative?
1. Call your U.S. representative
2. When the office answers, tell them your name, that you live in the Representative’s district, and your message.
3. Tell the office that you would appreciate a reply by mail from the Representative.
4. If no one answers, leave a message in their voicemail box. Every message counts!
Friends, now is the time to make a stand. We must let Congress know that the pro-life movement is watching: we must have a pro-life amendment to explicitly exclude abortion funding and coverage. If you’re not contacting your Congressman, a pro-abortionist will be, so please take action NOW by contacting Congress TODAY!
THIS HAS BEEN PASTED FROM THE AMERICANS UNITED FOR LIFE WEBSITE